Monday, September 08, 2008

Lego's and ramblings

This thing is so damn adorable. Big ups to Fredo for making this and all the other awesome stuff on his site.

So what have I been up to these days? Not talking about vice president milf's thats for sure. I've been playing a lot of Newtonica here lately. In case you haven't heard or played - Newtonica is an iPhone game made by 2 famous people - Kenichi Nishi and Kenji Eno. Nishi worked on Chrono Trigger and Chibi Robo, where as Eno who is a musician worked on D and the sequel. It's only $5 totally worth the money. Hopefully this is a sign of the future - the iPhone being a viable platform where small and unusual games can be developed and released.

I spent a Saturday awhile back with another downloadable game - Ratchet and Clank Quest For Booty on the PS3. I don't know a whole lot about the development of it - how long it took, how much $ or what but this is totally what I want from games - spend $15, play for about 3.5-4 hours, beat it and move on with your life. The game is a little weird for sure - you spend $15 and you download the whole game and it looks and plays like a $60 game! In fact the $60 game I just got done playing not that long ago. This is a plus and a minus - I think it's a great value but I think psychologically a lot of people forget they only paid $15 and want a 20 hour long epic. However the value works out to be around the same - $15 for 4 hours = $3.75 and $60 for 20 hours = $3.

I thoroughly enjoyed it though - was great to get back to platforming instead of just shooting everything like how part 3 was. I did miss clank with all of his banter and the weapons could have been new or at least upgraded but hey I had fun and didn't feel like the game owed me anything. I've been wanting them to do something new with the wrench since part 2 and I'm glad they finally did. Definitely an enjoyable game.

I was also watching a lot of bad Smallville. Yeah yeah yeah, I know the show is no good but I somehow managed to watch all of seasons 1-4 and I noticed via Netfix that Season 5 was on HD-DVD so I figured I should put that thing to use. Man...it's like the show never goes anywhere! Anytime something does happen, the characters always mysteriously forget everything and the story resets itself back to zero so to speak. Season 6 is on Blu Ray but I just don't know if I can manage to do it. Does it get any better? Even Spike couldn't save the show.

I'm going to go peep out Shirley Manson of Garbage and her acting skills on that Terminator show since it is returning to TV tonight. The fact that I'm excited to go turn on a show with Brian Austin Green frightens me.

No comments: