Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Evo has come and gone...

I had a relative from Indiana (my home state) come out to visit me this week. So I tried my best to show her around. One of the hard things about living somewhere for so long is that you forget what is interesting to show someone. So I took her to the beach, rodeo drive, chinese mann theater to watch superman (brandon routh looks like a man child when he is superman, decent clark kent though), malibu, san diego zoo, etc. I didn't get a chance to make it to Evo until late sunday to watch the finals.

James Chen wrote a ton of great stuff about it as well has posting some pictures, so go read about it or something.

One of the great parts about Evo is playing people in casuals, which i did none of - haha. However I got to grab dinner tonight in KTown with John Choi, Bronson Tran and Petah Kang. Went back to Petah's place and played some ST for about an hour or so. Bronson beat me like 9-1 or something stupid like that, Vietnameeee is just too strong sometimes. It was fun and glad I got to see everyone. Petah told me some exciting stuff about Bang The Machine so keep an eye out for that.

Germany/Italy made me sad. I owe my girlfriend dinner tomorrow.

Nothing too exciting - time to get back to the grind of god of war 2.

2 comments:

Viscant said...

Maj and I missed you on Saturday. It's just not the same gathering of once a year friends without you

Derek Daniels said...

Jay!!

I can't believe you didn't stay for sunday. More importantly I can't believe you didn't qualify for anything to require you to be there on sunday. Maybe vegas will be better off since you will be a winner no matter what. At least in my heart....